Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 2. How have you changed in the past 2 years? 


Oh boy, what a great question. I'm going to have to tweak it a bit because I feel like I've dramatically changed in the past ehh... year or so. Two years would be pushing my memory anyways! The changes in my life are what changed me. And in the past year, I felt like my life was crumbling before my eyes. The loss of my best friend, a second mother to me, my Tia(aunt) Luzia. The end of a very long and flawed relationship with my first love. The ongoing questions of my Dad's health and cancer diagnosis. It all took a toll on me in a span of 4 months. It was bad news and more bad news after another. 2010 was one of the worst years I have ever experienced. 

Here I am now, months later, a better and stronger person. Want to know why?? While having to deal with everything in my life going wrong, I spent a lot of time thinking and contemplating and I was able to grow as a person. It taught me a very important lesson: that you can't plan your life. I still have plans for my life but they are very interchangeable and are definitely NOT set in stone. No one can predict the future. Things happen without warning. You're lucky if your even given a warning.

As I grew stronger and stronger into the person I am today, things in my life got a lot better. My Dad's tumor was removed and I am over the long and flawed relationship I once had. I haven't gotten over the death of my aunt but as I think about her everyday, it helps me understand life and everything we're given here. 

All in all, I have changed for the better and have really matured from the experiences in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment